Who Me? – Ketchup With Us Prompt #3

‘KETCHUP WITH US’ – Prompt #3

Tell us in 57 WORDS OR LESS about a time you were caught red-handed, like a rat in a trap, with your hand in the cookie jar.
*Link-Up hosted by According to Mags and ODNT on the 1st and 15th of each month. Come ‘Ketchup’ with us!*

Who Me?

December 1975. I was 4 1/2 and my brother was 3. Mom had ornament-painting supplies WAY up on a hutch shelf. Lucky for my thirsty brother, I was a great climber. He sucked down that (tiny) cup of yellow lead-based paint like it was Tang. The paint mustache on his upper lip gave me away. BUSTED.

Merry Christmas! Pick your poison.
Image property of tias.com

**No children were poisoned in the writing of this blog post. Well, not hospitalized, anyway.**

20 Comments on Who Me? – Ketchup With Us Prompt #3

1. deanabo
    October 1, 2012 at 2:06 pm (2 years ago)

That sounds like something I would have done to my sister. Love it

• welcometograndcentral
      October 1, 2012 at 2:09 pm (2 years ago)

According to Mom, it’s not the only time I “helped” him. :)

• welcometograndcentral
      October 4, 2012 at 8:14 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks for reading! He got me back, though, that summer with a can of turtle wax to my eyebrow. Lucky for Mom, she was getting a home perm when I came screaming into the house with blood dripping down my face. A few stitches in the ER fixed me up. Now I have a scar, and I’m missing 1/2 my left eyebrow.

2. OldDogNewTits
    October 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm (2 years ago)

I’m dying! We had the EXACT SAME ORNAMENTS in our house. My mom painted them & she still hangs them on her tree. Might have to remember to send you a picture this holiday season.

Also, this line … “He sucked down that (tiny) cup of yellow lead-based paint like it was Tang.” … was hysterical. Did I mention that I also have a younger brother?

Great stuff, lady. Thanks for linking up!

• welcometograndcentral
      October 1, 2012 at 3:58 pm (2 years ago)

Your comments mean the world to me as a blogger and a big sister. Thank you for setting an example for many of us. Funny as sh!t! ~Laura

• OldDogNewTits
        October 1, 2012 at 4:18 pm (2 years ago)

Aww. You just made my day. Keep on trucking, girlfriend. You made me laugh out loud today with your lead paint shooters. Thanks again for playing along. Come back again on the 15th!

• welcometograndcentral
      October 4, 2012 at 8:07 pm (2 years ago)

No kidding! All 3 of mine have been into mischief as little ones.

3. That Suburban Momma
    October 1, 2012 at 8:10 pm (2 years ago)

Oh my gosh! That is so funny, but if it were my kid, I would have a heart attack! LOL! Glad he was okay! :)

• welcometograndcentral
      October 4, 2012 at 8:08 pm (2 years ago)

My mom is/was a nurse. She was upset, but kept her wits to call poison control. My brother continued to grow normally. He’s now 6’6″ and a great dad to 2 sons.

4. Mel
    October 2, 2012 at 2:28 am (2 years ago)

No children were harmed in the making of this post. Phew! Oh my goodness, this made me laugh. I was never a good climber, so I’m impressed with your agility and swiftness! ;)

Great story! So glad you linked up again!

• welcometograndcentral
      October 4, 2012 at 8:09 pm (2 years ago)

I enjoy responding to your prompts and hanging out with you ladies. I’m going to try the Britely App soon.

• Mel
        October 8, 2012 at 7:30 pm (2 years ago)

Do it! You’ll have fun!

5. braintomahawk
    October 4, 2012 at 2:28 pm (2 years ago)

Like a milk mustache, just more toxic.

• welcometograndcentral
      October 4, 2012 at 8:11 pm (2 years ago)

Somehow, we never killed each other. He did “get me back” by hurling a can of turtle wax at my head. It nailed my eyebrow, slicing it open. I needed stitches at the ER. We certainly kept my mom hopping.

6. Nanette
    October 9, 2012 at 9:57 pm (2 years ago)

What doesn’t kill you builds up your immunities to lead based products. Why…you practically did him a favor!

• welcometograndcentral
      October 10, 2012 at 1:21 pm (2 years ago)

And as you know, it didn’t stunt his growth or IQ at all!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Who Me? – Ketchup With Us Prompt #3